Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Narayan Periwal <na...@inmobi.com> on 2018/03/19 13:15:38 UTC

Two instances of Kafka consumer reading same partition

Hi,

We are facing an issue with the Kafka consumer,  the new library that got
introduced in 0.9

We are using Kafka broker 0.10.2.1 and consumer client version is also
0.10.2.1

The issue that we have faced is that, after rebalancing, some of the
partitions gets consumed by 2 instances within a consumer group, leading to
duplication of the entire partition data. Both the instances continue to
read the same partition until the next rebalancing, or the restart of those
clients.

Have incorporated the details in this ticket - KAFKA-6681
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6681>

Please look at it the earliest

Regards,
Narayan

receipt.

Re: Two instances of Kafka consumer reading same partition

Posted by Narayan Periwal <na...@inmobi.com>.
Hi,

We had one more of such an issue, and looks like such issues are coming
more frequently, whenever there is some issue in the kafka cluster.
This time, I could retrieve both the server and client side logs, have
added the detail in the same ticket - KAFKA-6681
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6681>

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Narayan

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 6:45 PM, Narayan Periwal <narayan.periwal@inmobi.com

Posted by Narayan Periwal <na...@inmobi.com>.
Hi Ted,

Attached the server side logs during this time. Could not retrieve the
consumer side logs as it has hit the retention.

Thanks,
Narayan

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.