Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leland Albro <la...@myrealbox.com> on 2001/12/12 03:34:13 UTC

tomcat + netware

Can anyone tell me how to verify if tomcat is working properly on netware?
-- Leland

Re: charset problem in java beans

Posted by yilmaz <yi...@hwajet.com.tw>.
wow! that is great,
i should have known that long before spending a lot of time by trial and
error methods. :)
Anyway, it is not too late.
thanks a lot Craig
Best wishes

Posted by Bryan Pieper <pi...@creighton.edu>.
Is that also why I get this:
	2001-12-12 23:01:10 - DecodeInterceptor: Charset from session
ISO-8859-1

in my jvm.stderr log in Tomcat 3.3?  Is it because I am not calling the
setCharacterEncoding() method from the request object?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, yilmaz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:51:02 +0800
> From: yilmaz <yi...@hwajet.com.tw>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: charset problem in java beans
>
> Okey,Craig you were right that before adding the item into the hashtable it
> was garbled.
> when i trace back to the origin of that parameter, i see that it comes from
> an html form filled
> by a user from another jsp page. then the problem became  like this:
> how or what should i do to be able to receive meaningful big5 chars from an
> html form?

In Tomcat4, you can use the new Servlet 2.3 call
request.setCharacterEncoding().  If you do this before calling any of the
request.getParameter() type calls, Tomcat will do the translation for you.

> As i previously faced the same problem, i knew how to solve it.
> (using jason hunter's ParameterParser class)
> As a  result my porgram works correctly, now.
>
> thanks a lot. I appreciate your help with this problem.
> best regards :)

Craig

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <ca...@harbornet.com>.
At 07:23 PM 12/12/01 +0800, you wrote:
>thanks Craig,
>
>Craig wrote :
> >
> > It sounds like you might be working too hard :-).
>
>how did you understand? :)

Sounds as it fhe problem is either related to Geary's new book on taglibs
or something similar.  I don't know the history, but his critical
application in chapter eleven of his book had to be changed for Tomcat
3.2.  I had to move <%@ page contentType='text/html; charset=UTF-8' %> to
the top of each one of his page.jsp files.  Just tossing this in, since the
mention of hashtables made me think the problem was similar.

-- micael

Re: charset problem in java beans

Posted by yilmaz <yi...@hwajet.com.tw>.
thanks Craig,

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: tomcat + netware

Posted by Matt Egyhazy <mw...@virginia.edu>.
i dont have the answer to your question.  but because netware has recently
become an unsupported os for oracle products, it has caused a complete
restructuring for a company that i consult for.  it seems as though netware
is an ok os for running web services and databases.  unfortunately, very few
applications have been written for it.  the said company is looking at
moving to windows for the short term while the admins get some *nix training
so they can move everything to a *nix.

matt

RE: tomcat + netware

Posted by Evgeny study <ev...@study.haifa.ac.il>.