Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jawahar Lal <jl...@chambal.com> on 2008/02/25 09:04:58 UTC

Out of Memory Exception

Hi,
     I am using Lucene2.0. I am doing full text index of pdf file. To
extract the text from pdf I am using pdfbox library. When I start indexing
of pdf files I get Out of memory exception. This is becuase files are about
10 mb in size. I tried different value for mergefactor,  maxmergefactor and
maxbuffereddocs i.e. 100, 100; 100; 10, 100, 100; 100,100 ,1000; etc...   I
am storing the field value.

    I am not getting resolve this exception. Any suggestion to resolve the
issue.

Thanks

Re: Out of Memory Exception

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
What's your heap size?

-Grant

On Feb 25, 2008, at 3:04 AM, Jawahar Lal wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am using Lucene2.0. I am doing full text index of pdf file. To
> extract the text from pdf I am using pdfbox library. When I start
> indexing
> of pdf files I get Out of memory exception. This is becuase files
> are about
> 10 mb in size. I tried different value for mergefactor,
> maxmergefactor and
> maxbuffereddocs i.e. 100, 100; 100; 10, 100, 100; 100,100 ,1000;
> etc...   I
> am storing the field value.
>
>    I am not getting resolve this exception. Any suggestion to
> resolve the
> issue.
>
> Thanks

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com
Next Training: April 7, 2008 at ApacheCon Europe in Amsterdam

Lucene Helpful Hints: