Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Virtual Light <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2008/11/06 22:36:45 UTC

content removal

I have a repository that I have set up with a DataStore.  I am getting a reference to the repository via RMI.  When I try and remove the content and start GC as outlined in the Wiki for a DataStore to remove unused entries I am getting the following error
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientXASession
    at com.elsevier.jackrabbit.client.JackrabbitClient.removeAllNodes(JackrabbitClient.java:139)
    at com.elsevier.jackrabbit.client.JackrabbitClient.main(JackrabbitClient.java:72)

Do I need to start GC from my client or is this being handled in the server side code?  If it is up to the client to kick off what SessionImpl is needed?

Regards,
Bill

Re: content removal

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
AFAIK the datastore garbage collector is not part of the jackrabbit
api (casting to SessionImpl is always kind of a hack...) and hence it
does not work over RMI because the client stubs are not present for
the gc method.

Regards,
Alex

--