Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Nicolas Christener <ni...@adfinis-sygroup.ch> on 2012/05/07 13:50:17 UTC

opengrok (containing "ext_sources")

Hi :)

We set up an opengrok [1] installation for the AOO codebase which also
crawls the "ext_sources" directory (as far as I know, this is not the
case in the official AOO opengrok installation [2]).
This can be useful when debugging code/functionality which relies on a
3rd-party package (in our case "mozilla").

A cronjob does a checkout of the trunk code every 3h which is then
indexed by the opengrok crawler.

This is primarily used by people from our team, but it may be useful for
others - so feel free to use it as well :)
http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org

(in a few hours http://opengrok.ad-sy.org should also work)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
Nicolas

[1] http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+opengrok/
[2] http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/

--
Adfinis SyGroup AG
Nicolas Christener, Bereichsleiter Software-Entwicklung

Keltenstrasse 98, CH-3018 Bern
Tel. +41 31 550 31 11, Mob. +41 76 335 32 57

Re: opengrok (containing "ext_sources")

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.
On 07.05.2012 13:50, Nicolas Christener wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> We set up an opengrok [1] installation for the AOO codebase which also
> crawls the "ext_sources" directory (as far as I know, this is not the
> case in the official AOO opengrok installation [2]).
> This can be useful when debugging code/functionality which relies on a
> 3rd-party package (in our case "mozilla").
>
> A cronjob does a checkout of the trunk code every 3h which is then
> indexed by the opengrok crawler.
>
> This is primarily used by people from our team, but it may be useful for
> others - so feel free to use it as well :)
> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org

Cool.  Thanks.

-Andre

Posted by Nicolas Christener <ni...@adfinis-sygroup.ch>.
Hi Jürgen

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 14:52 +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
[...]
> great, we had only an updated version internally.
>
> How about including a second codeline for AOO340
>
> Something like:
> aoo3.4
> current

Done :)

> And maybe adapt the branding a little bit to include some AOO stuff.

Done - I hope it's okay this way?

> I hope that we can convince the infra team to host an official opengrok
> instance at Apache in the future. Or if it is acceptable and you are
> able to host it, we can make your instance the official one.
[...]

Sure, you can use this as the official one (it's a monitored VPS in a
datacenter) - don't hesitate to contact me, if we can support the
project regarding this.

Kind regards
nicolas

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/7/12 1:50 PM, Nicolas Christener wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> We set up an opengrok [1] installation for the AOO codebase which also
> crawls the "ext_sources" directory (as far as I know, this is not the
> case in the official AOO opengrok installation [2]).
> This can be useful when debugging code/functionality which relies on a
> 3rd-party package (in our case "mozilla").
>
> A cronjob does a checkout of the trunk code every 3h which is then
> indexed by the opengrok crawler.
>
> This is primarily used by people from our team, but it may be useful for
> others - so feel free to use it as well :)
> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org
>
> (in a few hours http://opengrok.ad-sy.org should also work)
>
> If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

great, we had only an updated version internally.

How about including a second codeline for AOO340

Something like:
aoo3.4
current

And maybe adapt the branding a little bit to include some AOO stuff. I
hope that we can convince the infra team to host an official opengrok
instance at Apache in the future. Or if it is acceptable and you are
able to host it, we can make your instance the official one.

OpenGrok is of course very useful for developers.

Juergen