Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Kamalanathan Raman <Ka...@infosys.com> on 2007/01/12 14:03:59 UTC

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError - reg

Hi,

Iam getting this error when running my application . Any pointers to
this would be appreciated.

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

      at
org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.<clinit>(BasicHandler.java:81)

      at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:143)

      at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:152)

      at com.symcor.aws.api.AwsServiceServiceLocator.<init>(Unknown
Source)

      at
com.symcor.eds.common.data.aws.AWSImageClient.setUp(AWSImageClient.java:
157)

      at
com.symcor.eds.common.business.delegate.ImageAccessDelegate.retrievePost
FileImageFromArchive(ImageAccessDelegate.java:240)

      at
com.symcor.eds.common.business.delegate.ExceptionManagementDelegate.proc
essSearchPostAndIssueFileItemByPostFileItemId(ExceptionManagementDelegat
e.java:1349)

      at
com.symcor.eds.common.business.delegate.ExceptionManagementDelegate.getP
ostFileItemByPostFileItemId(ExceptionManagementDelegate.java:1272)

      at
com.symcor.eds.common.business.transaction.GetPostFileItemDetailBean.pro
cess(GetPostFileItemDetailBean.java:83)

      at
com.symcor.common.business.delegate.TransactionDelegate.processTransacti
on(TransactionDelegate.java:178)

      at
com.symcor.eds.web.presentation.action.ViewTransactionDetailsAction.exec
uteAction(ViewTransactionDetailsAction.java:262)

      at
com.symcor.common.presentation.action.SymcorActionBase.execute(SymcorAct
ionBase.java:131)

      at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPr
ocessor.java:484)

      at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
274)

      at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)

      at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507)

      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)

      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)

      at
tionFilterChain.java:252)

      at
erChain.java:173)

      at
e.java:213)

      at
e.java:178)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke(DefaultSubje
ctValve.java:56)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.inv
oke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:342)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke(Geronim
oBeforeAfterValve.java:31)

      at
:126)

      at
:105)

      at
java:107)

      at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:541
)

      at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)

      at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:86
9)

      at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
essConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)

      at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:527)

      at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:80)

      at
.java:684)

      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.apache.commons.discovery.DiscoveryException: Class
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.log.GeronimoLogFactory does not implement
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory

      at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.ClassUtils.verifyAncestory(ClassUtils
.java:180)

      at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.SPInterface.verifyAncestory(SPInterfa
ce.java:201)

      at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.SPInterface.newInstance(SPInterface.j
ava:195)

      at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverClass.newInstance(DiscoverCla
ss.java:579)

      at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingle
ton.java:418)

      at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingle
ton.java:378)

      at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:84)

      at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory.ja
va:80)

      at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:72
)

      ... 36 more

Thanks and Regards,

Kamal

Re: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError - reg

Posted by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com>.
Can you give more details about your app?  Are you using an Axis Client
inside a web app or a gbean?  Does your app include its own copy of
axis.jar or commons-discovery.jar?

-Donald