Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by John Brice <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2020/07/01 09:09:37 UTC

FXML

Hello all, I have a few minor FXML-related issues I hope someone can help with.
Win10, NB12, JDK14, Maven but I've seen these since at least NB10, JDK11 and across multiple computers.

1) Most days (but not every day) I have to reactivate JavaFX (Tools > Options > Java > JavaFX) and restart NB. It works fine until the next time it decides to deactivate itself. I see nothing relevant in the IDE log from before the previous day's shutdown, the morning's start or the restart. Anyone else? Or any idea where I can look for more info?

2) Is it possible to modify the default controller template (I don't see it in Tools > Templates)? e.g. from

public class EmptyController implements Initializable {
    /**
     * Initializes the controller class.
     */
    @Override
    public void initialize(URL url, ResourceBundle rb) {
        // TODO
    }
}

public class EmptyController {
    @FXML
    public void initialize() {
        // TODO
    }
}

3) If I have an @FXML-annotated initialize(), is it possible to stop the 'Make Controller' function removing the @FXML when it updates the file?

4) If I have an FXML file without a controller, then later add a controller reference and do 'Make Controller', can the controller be created in src/main/java? It is created in src/main/resources beside the fxml file.