Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Satya Narayan1 <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/17 05:00:42 UTC

Re: Not able pass 3rd party jars to mesos executors

Hi , Is anyone able to use --jars with spark-submit in mesos  cluster mode.

We have tried giving local file, hdfs file, file from http server , --jars
didnt work with any of the approach

Saw couple of similar open question with no answer
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33978672/spark-mesos-cluster-mode-who-uploads-the-jar

  mesos cluster mode  with jar upload capability is very limiting. wondering
anyone has any solution to this.

Re: Not able pass 3rd party jars to mesos executors

Posted by Michael Gummelt <mg...@mesosphere.io>.
No, --jars doesn't work in cluster mode on Mesos.  We need to document that
better.  Do you have some problem that can't be solved by bundling your
dependency into your application (i.e. uberjar)?

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:00 PM, Satya Narayan1 <
satyanarayan.patel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi , Is anyone able to use --jars with spark-submit in mesos  cluster mode.
>
> We have tried giving local file, hdfs file, file from http server , --jars
> didnt work with any of the approach
>

> Saw couple of similar open question with no answer
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33978672/spark-mesos-cluster-mode-who-
> uploads-the-jar
>

>   mesos cluster mode  with jar upload capability is very limiting.
> wondering
> anyone has any solution to this.

Michael Gummelt
Software Engineer