Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by David Koblas <da...@koblas.com> on 2012/10/12 01:09:22 UTC

Repair Failing due to bad network

I'm trying to bring up a new Datacenter - while I probably could have
brought things up in another way I've now got a DC that has a ready
Cassandra with keys allocated.  The problem is that I cannot get a
repair to complete due since it appears that some part of my network
decides to restart all connections twice a day (6am and 2pm - ok 5
minutes before).

So when I start a repair job, it usually get's a ways into things before
one of the nodes goes DOWN, then back up.  What I don't see is the
repair restarting, it just stops.

Is there a workaround for this case, or is there something else I could
be doing?

--david

Re: Repair Failing due to bad network

Posted by Rob Coli <rc...@palominodb.com>.

Is directly on point for the use case in question, and introduces
"rebuild" concept..

Are for improvements in repair sessions..

Is for unambiguous indication of repair session status.

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli
AIM&GTALK - rcoli@palominodb.com

Re: Repair Failing due to bad network

Posted by David Koblas <da...@koblas.com>.
Jim,

Great idea - though it doesn't look like it's in 1.1.3 (which is what
I'm running).

My lame idea of the morning is that I'm going to just read the whole
keyspace with QUORUM reads to force read repairs - the unfortunate truth
is that this is about 2B reads...

--david

Posted by Jim Cistaro <jc...@netflix.com>.