Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Schäfer, Michael (C33)" <Mi...@destatis.de> on 2021/12/20 14:06:07 UTC

Broken link

Hi,

not sure if this is the right list for reporting a "broken" link on, but it seems to suit better than the users list.

On https://activemq.apache.org/version-5-initial-configuration, the link "Website" under "Related reading" shows as "activemq.orq" in the browser's status line, but takes me to

https://www.2bguide.com/fakten/apache-webserver

a web site in German, instead of (as I think should be correct) to the ActiveMQ home page. Strikes me as strange...

Hope I could help,

Best,

Michael

Re: Broken link

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@redhat.com>.
The version-5-initial-configuration pages comes up fine, but that's not the
issue as far as I can tell. The issue is that there is a *link* on that
page that uses activemq.org which is not managed by Apache so it goes to an
unexpected place.

Justin

Re: [EXTERN]Re: Broken link

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I fixed all the normal links to activemq.org I could find on the website.

All the other references I could find in both the "Classic" and Artemis
code-bases were for XML namespaces and test SSL certs.

Justin

Re: [EXTERN]Re: Broken link

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
If you git grep activemq.org you will see a lot of references on the source
code for activemq and activemq artemis.

We should change it I think.

The website has other references as well.

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 10:38 AM Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cool, thanks
>
> > On Dec 20, 2021, at 9:36 AM, Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > FYI - I fixed that link.
> >

> > Justin
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 9:25 AM Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> It's definitely broken, Michael. I checked the website source code and
> it
> >> does, in fact, reference "activemq.org" which is incorrect. Thanks for
> >> the report!
> >>

> >> Justin

> https://activemq.apache.org/version-5-initial-configuration

Clebert Suconic

Re: [EXTERN]Re: Broken link

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks

Re: [EXTERN]Re: Broken link

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
FYI - I fixed that link.

Re: [EXTERN]Re: Broken link

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

AW: [EXTERN]Re: Broken link

Posted by "Schäfer, Michael (C33)" <Mi...@destatis.de>.
Hi Matt-

it's not that https://activemq.apache.org/version-5-initial-configuration that wouldn't render as expected, it's the link "Website" (http://activemq.org) on it that takes me to an unrelated page.

https://geopeeker.com/fetch/?url=https://activemq.apache.org/version-5-initial-configuration <https://geopeeker.com/fetch/?url=https://activemq.apache.org/version-5-initial-configuration>

Re: Broken link

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael-

Re: Broken link

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
that's strange...

What happened to activemq.org?

did it expire and someone took it from us?

--
Clebert Suconic