Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by andi <an...@acc.co.id> on 2004/06/25 05:31:13 UTC

iam confuse there's alot of tools to implement.

dear all,

i am new to cocoon , i just wan tto learn a good sample to start to bulid
web application,
i see avalon framework and flow script and cforms is good , but  i don't
know how to make some ideal application in cocoon.
i know ejb2.0 entity , session beans, i build applicatio with struts.

I am very frustated to this cocoon.

Thank you for the sample is you want to give me.

best regards

andi kusnadi

Re: iam confuse there's alot of tools to implement.

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.
Il giorno 25/giu/04, alle 05:45, andi ha scritto:

> i see but it's just overview, i see cocoon using avalon frameworks and
> cforms to put that things together i don't know, and i think because
> cforms
> is not stable it's good if we learn avalon to make things in cocoon
> more
> stable.

You don't need to know about Avalon to use CForms. You don't need to
know Avalon just to use the components that Cocoon offers, like
generators, transformers, serializers. Heck, I think you don't need to
know Avalon to develop 99% of the kind of applications that you might
want to develop with Cocoon.

You need to know a little bit of Avalon only if you want to write
components that extend Cocoon.

If you want to see a sample of the kind of applications you'd be
traditionally developing with EJBs and Struts, but done with Cocoon and
lighter-weight tools like Spring and Hibernate, have a look at this
[1]. It's not complete but it's a good starting point.

	Ugo

[1] http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SpringPetstore

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/

RE: iam confuse there's alot of tools to implement.

Posted by andi <an...@acc.co.id>.
i see but it's just overview, i see cocoon using avalon frameworks and
cforms to put that things together i don't know, and i think because cforms
is not stable it's good if we learn avalon to make things in cocoon more
stable.

Thank you for the response mr tim larson.

best regards

andi kusnadi

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.