Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com> on 2002/07/28 21:35:56 UTC

the gmane effect [WAS Re: Has anyone noticed Exchange 2000 troubles with JRun 4 also Tomacat 4.0.1 installed?]

i wonder whether it'd be possible to add something to the bottom of the
posts (next to the unsubscribe message) to describe the purpose of this
list for people reading via news.

- robert

RE: the gmane effect [WAS Re: Has anyone noticed Exchange 2000 troubles with JRun 4 also Tomacat 4.0.1 installed?]

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
This sounds like a good idea, assuming we don't want to blacklist gateways
like this.

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
The original response to your question was very polite.  You were told
this was the wrong place to ask this question.  You were told the
correct place to ask the question.  And Robert also made a quick attempt
to provide some insight as to where the problem might be.

It was only after you ignored the recommendation to take your question
to the correct location, stating that you, who have never posted a
message to the list previously, knew that this was the correct location,
that people got irritated.

You were then provided with a pointer to the rules for the lists.  It is
my opinion that the file name could be more diplomatic.  It is also
available as love.html btw.  But nevertheless it does give you an
"official" policy, since you were unwilling to listen to other

To the jakarata community.  Could we give this file a better name like

wronglist.html

and give the reader the benefit of the doubt and start with something
like:

It appears you have managed to post to a mailing list without first
reading the rules.  The Apache Jakarta community does not provide
newsgroups, so be aware that if you accessed this community through a
newsgroup or any other means that you are interacting with a mailing
list on the backend.  These mailing lists have rules and topics and you
will need to follow them.

Then follow with the current text of idiot.html.

john mcnally

Posted by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com>.
Finally a kind word.  Thanks.

--
George Hester
______________________________

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
I love you.

You need it.

George Hester wrote:
> f#ck you all
>
> --
> George Hester
> ______________________________
> "Paulo Gaspar" <pa...@krankikom.de> wrote in message
>
>>He has neither time or inclination to do the right thing but he
>>sure has loads of time and inclination to write long rants and
>>also waste everybody else's time.
>>
>>I think George is really doing his best to deserve this URL:
>>  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/idiot.html
>>
>>Have fun,
>>Paulo

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: the gmane effect [WAS Re: Has anyone noticed Exchange 2000troubles with JRun 4 also Tomacat 4.0.1 installed?]

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <an...@superlinksoftware.com>.
eeeewwww.

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.

Posted by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com>.