Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by tom ryan <to...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/19 10:05:29 UTC

filtering bogus UAs

Hi All,

What's the best way to drop traffic from bogus UAs?  I thought maybe
header-filter, but that doesn't seem to have any possibility to drop
the traffic.

Thanks
Tom

Re: filtering bogus UAs

Posted by tom ryan <to...@gmail.com>.
>> What's the best way to drop traffic from bogus UAs?  I thought maybe
>> header-filter, but that doesn't seem to have any possibility to drop
>> the traffic.
>
> What do you mean by "bogus UAs"?  Are you a closed intranet environment
> with users who are banned from anything so exotic as browser preferences?

I decided to do some log analysis instead.  By bogus UAs I mostly
meant googlebots without googlebot.com PTRs etc etc.

Re: filtering bogus UAs

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.

--
Nick Kew