Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2011/09/17 00:25:16 UTC

Patches for MRv1 - where to commit?

Hey all,

Now that MR2 is in trunk and 0.23, but we're still maintaining it in
0.20.20x, what's the correct protocol for fixes when the component no
longer is used in trunk? Must we contribute patches for trunk as well
as 20x, if we plan to commit to 20x, so that people might backport to
22 or 21? Or can we assume that providing a patch for 0.20.20x is
enough, and if anyone wants to put it in 21 or 22, they will
forward-port?

Of course library or client fixes should go in trunk - I'm just
talking about changes to JT or one of the schedulers.

Thanks
-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Patches for MRv1 - where to commit?

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
OK, I just wanted to confirm. Thanks! I commented on 2736 that we
should also remove fairsched and cap sched from trunk.

-Todd

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.