Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by bimjoeipa <jo...@ipaustralia.gov.au> on 2014/01/16 06:42:59 UTC

STR-Transform for IssuedToken in WS-Policy

Hi,

We are currently using a particular ESB which requires that SAML tokens with
the Sender Vouches (SV) confirmation method must have a STR-Transform
signature in the security header.  We use an STS that generates signed SAML
SV Tokens (we are using SV because we are exchanging a proprietary Single
Sign on Token for a SAML token).

I debugged
org.apache.cxf.systest.wssec.examples.saml.SamlTokenTest.testSymmetricSV()
compared with
org.apache.cxf.systest.wssec.examples.saml.SamlTokenTest.testSymmetricIssuedToken()
(I realise this example is HOK) and from what I can tell, it basically came
down to sp:IssuedToken's can't generate STR-Transforms, but the sp:SamlToken
does.

Does this sound correct, does CXF have a technical limitation that it won't
generate a STR-Transform for sp:IssuedToken's?  I understand that
IssuedTokens are signed, so don't technically need another signature, but
our ESB is a bit stubborn in this area...

Thanks,

Joel

Re: STR-Transform for IssuedToken in WS-Policy

Posted by bimjoeipa <jo...@ipaustralia.gov.au>.
coheigea wrote
> Ok I've merged a fix for this for CXF 2.7.9:

Thanks Colm!  Just tested it out locally and it worked perfectly!

Re: STR-Transform for IssuedToken in WS-Policy

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Ok I've merged a fix for this for CXF 2.7.9:

Colm.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:55 PM, bimjoeipa <joel.pearson@ipaustralia.gov.au
> wrote:

> coheigea wrote
> > If I am understanding you correctly, the scenario is that you have an STS
> > issuing a (signed?) SenderVouches Assertion, and you expect the CXF
> client
> > to generate a new Signature, that signs the SAML Assertion via a
> > STR-Transform. Is this correct?
>
> Yes, that's correct, the STS issues a signed SenderVouches Assertion (via
> onBehalfOf).  In fact, I basically want the exact same output as
>
> org.apache.cxf.systest.wssec.examples.saml.SamlTokenTest.testAsymmetricSigned(),
> except for it to use the issued token from the STS instead of generating
> it's own token.
>

> coheigea wrote
> > I you send the SecurityPolicy you are using I can take a look to see if
> > it's easy to implement.
>
> Sure, I have adapted the "DoubleItAsymmetricSignedPolicy" policy to include
> the IssuedToken component from "DoubleItSymmetricIssuedTokenPolicy" and
> called it  DoubleItAsymmetricIssuedTokenPolicy.xml
> <
> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5738672/DoubleItAsymmetricIssuedTokenPolicy.xml
> >
> .
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joel

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: STR-Transform for IssuedToken in WS-Policy

Posted by bimjoeipa <jo...@ipaustralia.gov.au>.
coheigea wrote

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Correct, CXF currently is only designed/tested to work with STS-issued SAML
HolderOfKey + Bearer Assertions.

If I am understanding you correctly, the scenario is that you have an STS
issuing a (signed?) SenderVouches Assertion, and you expect the CXF client
to generate a new Signature, that signs the SAML Assertion via a
STR-Transform. Is this correct?

I you send the SecurityPolicy you are using I can take a look to see if
it's easy to implement.

Colm.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:42 AM, bimjoeipa
<jo...@ipaustralia.gov.au>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently using a particular ESB which requires that SAML tokens
> with
> the Sender Vouches (SV) confirmation method must have a STR-Transform
> signature in the security header.  We use an STS that generates signed SAML
> SV Tokens (we are using SV because we are exchanging a proprietary Single
> Sign on Token for a SAML token).
>
> I debugged
> org.apache.cxf.systest.wssec.examples.saml.SamlTokenTest.testSymmetricSV()
> compared with
>
> org.apache.cxf.systest.wssec.examples.saml.SamlTokenTest.testSymmetricIssuedToken()
> (I realise this example is HOK) and from what I can tell, it basically came
> down to sp:IssuedToken's can't generate STR-Transforms, but the
> sp:SamlToken
> does.
>
> Does this sound correct, does CXF have a technical limitation that it won't
> generate a STR-Transform for sp:IssuedToken's?  I understand that
> IssuedTokens are signed, so don't technically need another signature, but
> our ESB is a bit stubborn in this area...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joel

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder