Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Armstrong <an...@tagish.com> on 2002/01/16 21:47:04 UTC

Updating the site

I was going to update this page

 http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsonwin32.html

to reflect the fact that PuTTY, a free / open source SSH client, now
supports tunnelling.

Do I just update the page and commit it or is there more to it?

--
Andy Armstrong, Tagish

Re: Updating the site

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
I answered this on general@.

Re: Updating the site

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@tagish.com>.
Daniel Rall wrote:

> > Do I just update the page and commit it or is there more to it?
>
> You want to update cvsonwin32.xml from the jakarta-site2 module.  Once
> you've done that, you execute the Ant build to use Anakia to generate
> the HTML version of the XML document, and upload the newly born
> cvsonwin32.html file manually.  Make sure that it's accessible over
> the web (unix permissions and all that).
>
> If you have any issues, just send me a diff of the xdoc and I'll take
> care of it.

Thanks Daniel -- I didn't express the question at all well. I've edited
the XML and built the site successfully, and I've seen what the process
is for making that live, but I seem to be too Karma impoverished to
commit the changes so, in accordance with the instructions on the
documentation page, I was fishing for a Karma upgrade ;-)

--
Andy Armstrong, http://www.tagish.co.uk/

Re: Updating the site

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
[question from tomcat-dev]

Andy Armstrong <an...@tagish.com> writes:

> I was going to update this page
>
>  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsonwin32.html
>
> to reflect the fact that PuTTY, a free / open source SSH client, now
> supports tunnelling.
>
> Do I just update the page and commit it or is there more to it?

You want to update cvsonwin32.xml from the jakarta-site2 module.  Once
you've done that, you execute the Ant build to use Anakia to generate
the HTML version of the XML document, and upload the newly born
cvsonwin32.html file manually.  Make sure that it's accessible over
the web (unix permissions and all that).

If you have any issues, just send me a diff of the xdoc and I'll take
care of it.

- Daniel  (a loyal PuTTY uses when forced to use win32)