Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chuck Reynolds <cr...@ancestry.com> on 2019/05/24 13:16:26 UTC

Restore is creating the cluster incorrectly

I have 4 instances of Solr running on 3 servers with a replication factor of 3.

When I execute the command to do the restore to a new TEST cluster it create each master with the same IP address and port but all subsequent replicas are create correctly.  That means that the other 3 instances of solr running on server 10.157.120.75 are not being used.

Any help would be appreciated

[cid:image001.png@01D51200.98EE1F20]

Re: Restore is creating the cluster incorrectly

Posted by Chuck Reynolds <cr...@ancestry.com>.
We are running Solr 6.6

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Hello, Chuck.

Which version do you run?
Can't you encounter https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9527 ?

Posted by Chuck Reynolds <cr...@ancestry.com>.
I have 4 instances of Solr running on 3 servers with a replication factor of 3. They are using ports 10001 -10004

Server 1 10.xxx.xxx.75
Server 2 10.xxx.xxx.220
Server 3 10.xxx.xxx.245

When I execute the command to do the restore to a new cluster it create each master with the same IP address and port but all subsequent replicas are create correctly.  Why does it create the master using the same server and port?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/24/2019 7:16 AM, Chuck Reynolds wrote:
> I have 4 instances of Solr running on 3 servers with a replication
> factor of 3.
>
> When I execute the command to do the restore to a new *TEST* cluster it
> create each master with the same IP address and port but all subsequent
> replicas are create correctly.  That means that the other 3 instances of
> solr running on server 10.157.120.75 are not being used.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

The picture that you tried to include here did not make it to the list.
Email attachments rarely do.

Can you be more descriptive about the problem?  What actions are you
taking, what are you expecting, and what actually happens?

Thanks,
Shawn