Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2006/06/03 01:43:24 UTC

RE: Two Solr Announcements: CNET Product Search and DisMax

: Like I said, what would be more useful is if I (or maybe yonik) can
: find some time to look up some numbers from our Performance testing to
: tell you for a box of type ____ with a collection of size N how what does
: the graph of X non stop concurrent users vs average response time of Y
: look like while snaploading is happening every M minutes.

I've added a Wiki page for "Solr Performance Data" and added some info
from testing we did at CNET a while back.  I was hoping to be able to
provide some numbers using the DisMaxRequestHandler as is in Solr -- but
I didn't have any time ot run specific tests on it -- the results i posted
to that wiki page are for a modified version that does more work
-- so the response times should be the "upper bound" of what you expect.

Everyone should feel free to add whatever performance data of their own
they feel confortable sharing to this wiki page.

-Hoss