Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by 南京大学软件学院薛恺丰 <82...@qq.com> on 2019/10/25 01:35:10 UTC

Bloom filter hash functions

Hi~
I found that we can use Murmur hash to improve our hash performance. In real data, the distribution of hash bit can improve from 40% coverage to 55% coverage and cause only minor impact on write performance.

Re: Bloom filter hash functions

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Good! If so, Murmur hash could be used.

BTW, it's better to reply to a previous mail instead of opening a new theme.

Jialin Qiao
School of Software, Tsinghua University

乔嘉林
清华大学 软件学院