Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jochen Berger <fo...@googlemail.com> on 2011/10/13 08:56:35 UTC

Underscore binding

Hi there,

I've been struggling whether to post this on the users' or the devs'
list, but I ended up asking here. Sorry if that's not appropriate.
So, from Tapestry 5.3, the underscore.js library is shipped. While I'm
quite happy about that fact, I'm getting issues with a JS library that
also ships underscore and also binds it to window._.
I also asked the devs to use the noConflict() mode to bind it in their
own namespace and I'd like to propose the same to you. I think that if
libraries provide a noConflict() mode, we should use it and not make the
"Prototype mistake", if you know what I mean.
I guess T5._ would be a good place for underscore.js to live in. And you
would still be free to bind it to a function-scoped var _ if you wanted to.
What do you think, should I raise a JIRA or do you think it's nonsense?

Jochen

Re: Underscore binding

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jochen