Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Mike Drob <ma...@cloudera.com> on 2014/09/24 20:47:36 UTC

Thoughts on scaling back github integration

Devs,

Github integration is nice... but, I'm not a fan of how comments on diffs
are posted to the JIRAs. Each line note is a separate comment and it
includes a ton of irrelevant diff output. Looking at ACCUMULO-3089 is what
triggered this reaction for me.

Does anybody else have thoughts on this? I don't know what our integration
options are, but I would  prefer something less intrusive. It's really easy
to lose the actual discussion with what we have now.

Mike

Re: Thoughts on scaling back github integration

Posted by Mike Drob <ma...@cloudera.com>.
I don't htink github is set up for issuing batches of comments, it's just
fire and forget. Maybe a PR could automatically show up on RB? I wonder how
much magic that would take...

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Does worklog also get sent to the notifications list? That's probably okay.
I'd still like to seem them batched, if possible. GitHub is fire-and-forget
(unless RB, which batches, and you "publish"), but whatever ASF is doing to
capture these comments and copy them over, could presumably batch them
hourly, or at least every 15 minutes.

Another shortcoming I've seen is that no notification appears to be
generated when the pull request is updated.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
One option may be to not post review comment from github on issue, only on
dev list.