Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rohan Gray <ro...@traffic.redflex.com.au> on 2006/02/08 02:27:21 UTC

How do I fire a listener on a form component event

I would like to fire a listener when a form component event is triggered

Like on below

<select jwcid="point@Select" size="12" style="width:250px;"
onchange="listener:loadPoint">

This doesn't seem to work, and gives me an error when the page loads

"Conditional compilation is turned off"

Any help would be most appreciated

Regards,

Rohan Gray

Re: How do I fire a listener on a form component event

Posted by Daniel Lydiard <dl...@hotmail.com>.
One way is to just do a onChange="this.form.submit();"

Which will fire the listener for the Form component.  I don't know if
there's a "direct" way to fire the listener  like in your example.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
One way for handling these javascript specific events would be to use this
component:

http://tacos.sourceforge.net/components/AjaxEventSubmit.html