Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Timothee Maret <tm...@apache.org> on 2017/09/11 09:34:00 UTC

Re: Sling Content Distribution: how to use "in-file" queue provider

Hi,

Sorry for late reply, I was on PTO. The In-file queue is only available for
Forward agents.

To enable it, you need to set the 'queue.provider' property to 'In-file' in
your o.a.s.d.a.i.ForwardDistributionAgentFactory configuration.

The checkpoint mechanism should be implemented by [0] despite the comments
in SimpleDistributionQueue.

I don't think there's yet a customer with this setting. It should really be
used only if measurements prove that the queue is the bottleneck in your
setup, that throughput is a real issue in your deployment, that your
deployment can afford losing non checkpointed items and that you setup
custom operations to backup the queue.

Regards,

Timothee

[0]
https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/contrib/extensions/distribution/core/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/distribution/queue/impl/simple/SimpleDistributionQueueCheckpoint.java

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
thanks for the response! - we will keep this in mind.

stefan