Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org> on 2009/09/29 01:10:25 UTC

Is there an echo in here?

Is it just me, or are others getting multiple copies of list posts the
last hour or so?

   Rights can only ever be individual, which means that you cannot
   gain a right by joining a mob, no matter how shiny the issued
   badges are, or how many of your neighbors are part of it.  -- Marko
  Approximately 8963100 firearms legally purchased in the U.S. this year

Re: [sa] Re: Is there an echo in here?

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Charles Gregory wrote:

>> >   Not I.... Only see a few posts in the last day, and only one of each.
>>  Huh. I guess the ASF MTA doesn't like me, then.
>
> The only time I evr get duplicates is when my (receiving) mail server
> gets overloaded and fails to process the message within the 5 minute
> 'timeout' value imposed by the sending server. The sender 'gives up' to
> retry, and the receiver finishes delivering the mail before noticing the
> connection has dropped.

That's exactly what was happening to me yesterday. It took me a little
while to track down what was happening, and why, and fix it.

Sometimes 256MB just ain't enough. :)

   An AR-15 in civilian hands used to defend a home or business:
     a High Velocity Assault Weapon with High Capacity Magazines
   An AR-15 in Law Enforcement Officer hands used to murder six kids:
     a Police-Style Patrol Rifle
  Approximately 8993460 firearms legally purchased in the U.S. this year

Re: [sa] Re: Is there an echo in here?

Posted by Charles Gregory <cg...@hwcn.org>.
On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, John Hardin wrote:
>>  At 04:10 PM 9/28/2009, you wrote:
>> >  Is it just me, or are others getting multiple copies of list posts the
>> >  last hour or so?
>>  Not I.... Only see a few posts in the last day, and only one of each.
> Huh. I guess the ASF MTA doesn't like me, then.

The only time I evr get duplicates is when my (receiving) mail server gets
overloaded and fails to process the message within the 5 minute 'timeout'
value imposed by the sending server. The sender 'gives up' to retry, and
the receiver finishes delivering the mail before noticing the connection
has dropped.

- Charles

Re: Is there an echo in here?

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.

Re: Is there an echo in here?

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 04:22 PM 9/28/2009, you wrote:

>Not I.... Only see a few posts in the last day, and only one of each.

D'oh... forgot what day it is - I see more than a few posts from
today (19 dated todays date) , but still only one of each.

Re: Is there an echo in here?

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.

Re: Is there an echo in here?

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 16:10 -0700, John Hardin wrote:
> Is it just me, or are others getting multiple copies of list posts the
> last hour or so?

Not here.

Martin