Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Meno Abels <ab...@adviser.com> on 1997/08/16 05:50:02 UTC

os-hpux/1000: second sighup stop's server

>Number:         1000
>Category:       os-hpux
>Synopsis:       second sighup stop's server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
First the apache server didn't run under HP-UX 10.10 if you
don't put the global patch XSW800GR1010 on the system. You
will get SIGBUS during operation with a damaged core. But after
i put these patch's on the system and apache run fine and fast.
But there is an problem that stop the server if you send the
second -HUP to the server after startup stop the server.
The first SIGHUP works as known and accepted.  The second stop's
the server and says :
  bind: Address already in use
  httpd: could not bind to port 80
That the failure. This didn't happend on the same Hardware
running hp-ux 10.01.
>How-To-Repeat:
generate two time an SIGNAL HUP.
>Fix:
I'am not sure where to search. But it could be to thing about
the solaris SIGHUP Patch. Infact this patch is integrated in my
apache for hp-ux too. But has no effect ofcource of the ifdef's.
%0