Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/12 19:21:48 UTC

tomcat cluster for stateless web application

I've noticed that in the documentation, it says a lot about session replication.

I wonder what can be omitted in the configurations for a stateless
java webapp setup (without any sessions),
to hopefully get a simpler configuration or even gain more efficiency,
bypassing the replication altogether ?

--
Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.

Re: tomcat cluster for stateless web application

Posted by zhenek <vr...@gmail.com>.
On 06/12/2012 07:21 PM, Albert Kam wrote:
> I've noticed that in the documentation, it says a lot about session replication.
>
> I wonder what can be omitted in the configurations for a stateless
> java webapp setup (without any sessions),
> to hopefully get a simpler configuration or even gain more efficiency,
> bypassing the replication altogether ?

Hi Albert,

only you have to setup is loadbalancer in front of your tomcat servers.
That is all.

Regards,
Zdenek

Re: tomcat cluster for stateless web application

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: tomcat cluster for stateless web application

Posted by Pid * <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 12 Jun 2012, at 18:22, Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've noticed that in the documentation, it says a lot about session replication.
>
> I wonder what can be omitted in the configurations for a stateless
> java webapp setup (without any sessions),
> to hopefully get a simpler configuration or even gain more efficiency,
> bypassing the replication altogether ?

Well, start by not configuring the cluster. That should be enough.