Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@wso2.com> on 2007/11/07 05:29:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Timeout problem with apache benchmark

Hi,
I'm testing performance of Apache Axis2/c using apache Bechmark.I'm
sending requests in a linux machine but when i'm sending a big xml
file with my request
apache benchmark is time out.I don't know how to set apache benchmark
timeout.And when i'm setting the apache web server's timeout parameter
it's not responding to that set value.I just edit the
conf/extras/httpd-default.conf and included that file in the
conf/httpd.conf file.I think there's a problem with apache benchmark
in linux.Then i tried to send request in windows now it can send big
files but the performance is very slow.
In linux some services requests per second:10000
In window some services requests per seconde:2500
Do i need to do any settings with windows before using apache
benchmark or there's a performance issue with windows.what should i
do...?

Regs
lahiru

Re: [users@httpd] Timeout problem with apache benchmark

Posted by Christian Folini <ch...@post.ch>.
On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 11:36:51AM +0100, Bj wrote:
> httperf (from HP)  is also basic but a bit more evolued.
>
> You can use Jmeter to test your Webservice. If you want to obtain 10000
> req/s with Jmeter you will have to use several Jmeter instances on several
> servers.

siege and proxysniffer are other alternatives.

Christian

Re: [users@httpd] Timeout problem with apache benchmark

Posted by Bj <bj...@gmail.com>.
ab is a "basic" tool. Sometimes it's not able to complete the bench when the
number (or/and the  concurrency) of requests is too high.
what is excatly your "timeout" message ?
Are you sure that your underlaying application server is not overloaded ?

--
Bj