Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2000/05/18 15:31:20 UTC

SQL Processor and applicationname parameter

Hello,

here are my connectiondefs:

 <connectiondefs>
  <connection name="foo_connection">
   <applicationname>myapp</applicationname>
   <driver>com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver</driver>
   <dburl>jdbc:sybase:Tds:*:*</dburl>
   <username>***</username>
   <password>***</password>
  </connection>
 </connectiondefs>

When looking at the source code of the SQL Processor it appears to me
that all children of <connection> are supposed to be fed to the JDBC
driver, but the applicationname parameter does not turn up at the other
end.

This parameter controls what the name of the database process is, so
that you can identify it by looking at the database processes system
table. However, all my database processes have an empty name - is that
perhaps database-specific functionality? I'd think it would be a
JDBC-thing.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring