Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by "Lyon, Chad S." <CH...@saic.com> on 2006/04/14 17:14:34 UTC

Focus component enhancement...

Let me run this by everyone.

I have a suggestion for the focus component.  Let me know what yall think
before I start working on this.

Lets change the meaning of the "for" property so that it indicates which
UIComponent causes the focus component to activate (e.g. generate Javascript
to focus on page reload) and add another property "value" that indicates the
UIComponent that will receive focus on page reload.

This will make it possible to have multiple focus components on pages that
have multiple controls that need to focus different UIComponents.

Chad Lyon
Application Software Developer
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)

Re: Focus component enhancement...

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
If "for" is still going to be an attribute, it should continue to mean
"UIComponent that will receive focus".   Otherwise, let's drop "for"
and pick a new attribute name -- it'd be a nightmare to debug support
issues where "for" means two different things, depending on what
version you're working with.