Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/08 01:01:17 UTC

T5 Grid Component for composite entities

Hi,
I'm not sure if this kind of functionality is available with the
current grid component, but this is a simple example of what I want to
do:

Lets say I have a User class and an Address class.

Lets say a User has an Address object in it.

Now I have a list of Users that I want to pump into a Grid Component,
as seen on the T5 screen cast.

At the moment, the grid component seems to skip over any user-defined
types (acting as though I had the @NonVisual annotation)

I was hoping for a way to override the cell for the UDT (Address in
this case), but it does not seem to work, not even when I try to
override it with static content, like "blah", i.e.

<t:parameter name="addressCell">
blah
</t:parameter>

Has anyone created this kind of wheel yet? ;-)  Or is there something
analogous with Bean Edit Form available?  (I don't need to edit
anything at the moment, I just want to see if I can display it)

Thanks list,

Daniel

Re: T5 Grid Component for composite entities

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.
On workaround would be to write synthetic accessor methods in the User
class for the Address properties you would like to see; e.g.,

pubic String getStreetAddress ()
{
   return this.address.getStreetAddress();
}

On 6/7/07, Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm not sure if this kind of functionality is available with the
> current grid component, but this is a simple example of what I want to
> do:
>
> Lets say I have a User class and an Address class.
>
> Lets say a User has an Address object in it.
>
> Now I have a list of Users that I want to pump into a Grid Component,
> as seen on the T5 screen cast.
>
> At the moment, the grid component seems to skip over any user-defined
> types (acting as though I had the @NonVisual annotation)
>
> I was hoping for a way to override the cell for the UDT (Address in
> this case), but it does not seem to work, not even when I try to
> override it with static content, like "blah", i.e.
>
> <t:parameter name="addressCell">
> blah
> </t:parameter>
>

> Has anyone created this kind of wheel yet? ;-)  Or is there something
> analogous with Bean Edit Form available?  (I don't need to edit
> anything at the moment, I just want to see if I can display it)
>
> Thanks list,
>
> Daniel

"The future is here.  It's just not evenly distributed yet."

     -- Traditional