Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2014/08/21 21:32:05 UTC

stalled nodetool repair?

How do I watch the progress of nodetool repair.

Looks like the folklore from the list says to just use

nodetool compactionstats
nodetool netstats

… but the repair seems locked/stalled and neither of these are showing any
progress..

granted , this is a lot of data, but it would be nice to at least see some
progress.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*

Re: stalled nodetool repair?

Posted by Aiman Parvaiz <ai...@grapheffect.com>.
If nodetool compactionstats says there are no Validation compactions
running (and the compaction queue is empty)  and netstats says there is
nothing streaming there is a a good chance the repair is finished or dead.

Source:
http://cassandra-user-incubator-apache-org.3065146.n2.nabble.com/Is-it-safe-to-stop-a-read-repair-and-any-suggestion-on-speeding-up-repairs-td6607367.html

You might find this helpful.

Thanks