Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/08/30 04:51:09 UTC

Re: Avalon and EJB

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 06:30, Sky Torch wrote:
> Avalon is managing life cycles of components while EJB container manages
> life cycles of beans which can be regarded as components as well. Is there
> conflict between these two frameworks&nbsp;if migrate Avalon to EJB by
> implementing some components in EJBs.

EJBs and Avalons Components serve different purposes. EJBs are specialized
for a prticular use case (ie buisness objects) and thus I would recomend you
use them for that case. I think it would be difficult to hav components that
worked in both frameworks. However it would be possible to use EJBs from
Avalon components or vice-versa.

--
Cheers,

Pete