Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Neil A. Hillard" <ne...@agustawestland.com> on 2006/08/09 13:10:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Unable to get LDAP authentication to work

Hi,

	I'm attempting to replace my Apache 2.0 accelerator with Apache 2.2 and
am really close to getting everything working that I need to!  I just
need to get LDAP authentication working and then I'm pretty much set.

Under Apache 2.0 I had the following:

<Location />
 AuthType Basic
 AuthName "Restricted Access"

 AuthLDAPEnabled On
 AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://ldap.domain.co.uk:389/o=domain?cn?sub?(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)"

 require group cn=Portal,ou=policy,o=domain
</Location>

Under 2.2 I have:

<Location />
 AuthType Basic
 AuthName "Restricted Access"
 AuthBasicProvider ldap
 AuthBasicAuthoritative On

 AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on
 AuthLDAPUrl
ldap://ldap.domain.co.uk/o=domain?cn?sub?(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)

 require ldap-group cn=Portal,ou=policy,o=domain
</Location>

But from a packet capture I can see no packets destined for the LDAP
server.  The server is able to resolve the IP address of the LDAP server
and nothing is reported in the error log.

Does anyone have any pointers or can you point out the blindingly
obvious part of the manual that I've missed?

Many thanks in advance,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.