Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com> on 2005/06/25 19:46:48 UTC

[JavaOne] A couple of sessions

FYI,

At JavaOne I'll be presenting a Birds-of-the-Feather session on Monday
night (June 27th) at 9:30pm, entitled "The JavaServer Faces Ecosystem".
I'll be talking about who the players, products, and organizations involved
in the JSF community are, what they are doing, and how the community is
growing. (You can view
<https://www35.cplan.com/javaone05_93_1/session_details.jsp?isid=271333&ilocation_id=93-1&ilanguage=english>a
detailed description at the JavaOne site). If you're interested in seeing
how JSF will evolve over time, or understanding what the whole point was in
the first place, this is the session for you. Also, if you've been thinking
about selling JSF components or other JSF-related products, this is a great
chance to learn more about who your competitors might be, and how large of
a market opportunity it could be.

On Tuesday, June 28th, at 4:00pm, I'll also be speaking at Oracle's
mini-theatre on the exposition floor, I'll be talking about "JavaServer
Faces Communities." This will cover some of the same topics, but will spend
more time discussing my site, JSF Central, which is a JSF development
community.

And don't worry -- I'll be at Jonas' gathering as well for the free beer as
well (actually, I'm more into scotch and cognac...).

Kito D. Mann (kmann@virtua.com)
Virtua, Inc.
Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
(<http://www.manning.com/mann/index.html>http://www.manning.com/mann/index.html)
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info

"Existence doesn't necessarily mean living..."