Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Quinton Delpeche <qu...@vippayroll.co.za> on 2004/11/23 14:43:12 UTC

Problem with Admin Application...

Hi everybody... ...again. :p

In my forays to fix my Mail problem and I have found another strange one.

For some unknown reason the changes I make manually in the server.xml file are
never reflected in the Admin Application and visa versa.

I have also noted that when I click commit changes I get the following error
in the top frame:

<ERROR>
HTTP Status 500 - Error invoking operation storeConfig

type Status report

message Error invoking operation storeConfig

description The server encountered an internal error (Error invoking operation
storeConfig) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
Apache Tomcat/5.0

</ERROR>

Quinton Delpeche
Internal Systems Developer
Softline VIP

Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344

http://www.vippayroll.co.za/

"I'd love to go out with you, but my favorite commercial is on TV."

Re: Problem with Admin Application (SOLVED)...

Posted by Quinton Delpeche <qu...@vippayroll.co.za>.
On Tuesday 23 November 2004 15:43, Quinton Delpeche wrote:

Hi,

For those that are interested I manage to solve this problem last night.

This happens because of incorrect permissions on the admin.xml stored
in /etc/tomcat5/base/Catalina/localhost/ directory.

By default SuSE 9.2 sets the attributes as follows:
-rw-r-----  1 root   tomcat 862 Oct  5 03:20 admin.xml
-rw-rw----  1 root   tomcat 322 Nov 18 16:15 manager.xml

I mereley changed it to:
-rw-rw----  1 root   tomcat 862 Oct  5 03:20 admin.xml

And everything started working properly again.

I wonder if SuSE is aware of this bug?

Quinton Delpeche
Internal Systems Developer
Softline VIP

Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344

http://www.vippayroll.co.za/

The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
robbers there will be.
		-- Lao Tsu