Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2009/02/09 18:26:06 UTC

release:prepare not updating dependency version?

Hi all,

I've just converted a project into a multi-module, and I'm now trying to
get the release process working again.  In one case, I have a module
that depends on another module.  They both start out as version
"0.0.1-SNAPSHOT".  So, module B (0.0.1-SNAPSHOT) depends on module A
(0.0.1-SNAPSHOT).  After doing a release:prepare with dryRun=true, the
pom.xml.next of module B now shows me that it depends on module A
(0.0.1-SNAPSHOT), instead of the 0.0.2-SNAPSHOT that I would have expected.

I looked into the updateDependencies property, but, according to the
documentation, the default value for this is "true," anyway.

In cases like this, is it more appropriate to use version = LATEST for
the modules of a multi-module project when setting up a dependency on
another module?

Thanks,
Dave