Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Pieter Hintjens <ph...@imatix.com> on 2008/04/26 11:03:55 UTC

Projects using APR

Hi,

We're using APR in our OpenAMQ messaging server - www.openamq.org.
It's free software.

An incidental question: has APR been ported to OpenVMS?  I can't find
documentation on this anywhere.

Regards,
-
Pieter Hintjens
iMatix Corporation

--
This email may contain documents in ISO26300 format (ODF). ODF is
portable to Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux and is widely supported. Go to

Re: Projects using APR

Posted by Pieter Hintjens <ph...@imatix.com>.
On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Garrett Rooney
<ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

>  I believe there is a port of apache2 to openvms that was done by
>  whoever owns openvms at the moment (HP? I don't keep track anymore),
>  which would have required them to port APR, but I don't think the code
>  was ever released publicly, or if it was, it wasn't ever mentioned on
>  this list.
>
>  I would be incredibly surprised if APR built out of the box on VMS,
>  but we'd certainly welcome any patches to make it happen, as wrowe
>  said.

OK, this matches what I could find on the Net.  I'm talking to some
folk in HP, may be able to track down an APR port.

Thanks.

-Pieter

Re: Projects using APR

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:41 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

>  AFAIK nobody explicitly has tested this.  If your OpenVMS compiler
> toolchain
>  is similar enough to a gcc toolchain, you should not have any problems in
>  asking ./configure to work out the details from its compile/link tests.
>
>  If not, obviously patches are always welcome!

I believe there is a port of apache2 to openvms that was done by
whoever owns openvms at the moment (HP? I don't keep track anymore),
which would have required them to port APR, but I don't think the code
was ever released publicly, or if it was, it wasn't ever mentioned on
this list.

I would be incredibly surprised if APR built out of the box on VMS,
but we'd certainly welcome any patches to make it happen, as wrowe
said.

-garrett

Re: Projects using APR

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Pieter Hintjens wrote:

> We're using APR in our OpenAMQ messaging server - www.openamq.org.
> It's free software.

Thanks for the update!  Right now, svn is down so can't update the web
site, but ping us if this is forgotten, we would be happy to have OpenAMQ
in the list of projects using apr on the site.