Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Phillip Morgan <pj...@optushome.com.au> on 2001/06/05 11:33:45 UTC

Can't make Apache-1.3.20 & SSL 2.84

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to send this email. If it
is could someone please point me to the correct place... Thanks

I am trying to compile the latest apache with the latest Mod SSL (2.84),

on a Linux server (kernel 2.2.17, slackware distribution), with the
latest GCC compiler (2.95 I think), and with mm-1.1.3, Perl-5.6.1,
openSSL-0.9.6a, as per the install docs. I originally started with perl
5.005-003, GCC 2.7.2.2, but during the compile attempts have upgraded
these.

I've tried with and without mm. Always completely removing all
package directories and re-extracting from the tarballs to ensure a
clean
compile.

Every make attempt results in the following...

ssl_engine_mutex.c: In function 'ssl_mutex_sem_create'
ssl_engine_mutex.c:297: incompatible type for argument 4 semctl
ssl_engine_mutex.c:306: incompatible type for argument 4 semctl
ssl_engine_mutex.c: In function 'ssl_mutex_sem_remove'
ssl_engine_mutex.c:338: incompatible type for argument 4 semctl
make[4]: *** [ssl_engine_mutex.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
etc...
etc...

Anyone know what the solution is?

TIA

Phillip

Re: Can't make Apache-1.3.20 & SSL 2.84

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Phillip Morgan wrote:

> I am trying to compile the latest apache with the latest Mod SSL (2.84),
>
> on a Linux server (kernel 2.2.17, slackware distribution), with the
> latest GCC compiler (2.95 I think), and with mm-1.1.3, Perl-5.6.1,
> openSSL-0.9.6a, as per the install docs. I originally started with perl
> 5.005-003, GCC 2.7.2.2, but during the compile attempts have upgraded
> these.

> Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to send this email. If it
> is could someone please point me to the correct place... Thanks

You should send this off to the modssl-users list: modssl-users@modssl.org

Hope this helps.
--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley