Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Andreas Fester <af...@apache.org> on 2006/03/08 20:34:33 UTC

Re: Intended commits for L7dTestCase (LOGCXX-125)

Ok, I would like to retry this one ;-)

I added an InputStreamReader to split the reader and stream
hierarchy. The classes should now be similar to java.
InputStreamReader converts from char to LogString.

Thanks,

	Andreas

On Jan 30, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Andreas Fester wrote:

> This patch fixes the localized logging which was still #if 0'ed out.
>
> To read the resource files, a FileInputStream class was added.
> This aligns the class structure better with the java world,
> instead of having read/write methods directly on the File class.

log4cxx::InputStream and log4cxx::FileInputStream in the patch work
on characters and are therefore really aligned with java.io.Reader
and java.io.FileReader, not their java.io namesakes.  If there is to
be a log4cxx::InputStream its methods should be using
std::vector<unsigned char> instead of LogString.

I'd support either simply renaming the InputStream and
FileInputStream classes to Reader and FileReader and accepting the
patch as a basis for further work or let you try to split out the raw
byte-level IO classes from the character based classes.

Re: Intended commits for L7dTestCase (LOGCXX-125)

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Mar 8, 2006, at 1:34 PM, Andreas Fester wrote:

> Ok, I would like to retry this one ;-)
>
> I added an InputStreamReader to split the reader and stream
> hierarchy. The classes should now be similar to java.
> InputStreamReader converts from char to LogString.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Andreas

Go ahead and commit what you have and will review after commit.