Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sumit Ranjan <s_...@rti.daimlerchrysler.com> on 2001/06/29 06:08:09 UTC

installation problems: tomcat 3.2.2+ apache 1.3.20 + jetspeed 1.3.a1 on suse linux

hi!
can anyone help me with installation of Tomcat 3.2.2+ Apache 1.3.20 + jetspeed 1.3.a1 on suse linux.
i have done everything as per the installation instruction yet wwhen i try to start tomcat it does not start and shows an error :   java.net.bindexception: address already in use.

Sumit Ranjan

Re: installation problems: tomcat 3.2.2+ apache 1.3.20 + jetspeed 1.3.a1 on suse linux

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:08, you wrote:
> and shows an error :   java.net.bindexception: address already in use.
Tomcat starts up on 8080 out of the box.  This means that you already have
something bound to 8080.  Edit $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml and change 8080
to some other port.

btw - what's Jetspeed?

cheers
dim

Posted by Sumit Ranjan <s_...@rti.daimlerchrysler.com>.
hi peter ,
   thanx for your prompt reply.
   changing to some other port also does not start my tomcat as now the error that comes is...
error=feedDaemon: couldn't process url : /ocs/local.ocs
error=feedDaemon: couldn't process url :http://java.apache.org/jetspeed/channels/apache.ocs

moreover the port 8080 is not listening to anything else as i have still to start apache.
             please help....TIA.

  This means there is already something listening on one of the ports tomcat listens to, ie either 8080 or 8007.  Is there something else listening to port 8080, such as Apache?