Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/21 07:28:41 UTC

[DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.21.0

Hi all,

Approximately one month has passed from the previous release (Calcite
1.20.0) and I was thinking that it would be nice to have the next release
out by the end of August. To do this I think we should try to have an RC
around the 20 of August.

The progress towards the next release can be seen in [1]. As you can
observe we do not have many issues marked for fixing for 1.21.0 but we do
have many pull requests.

I would like to invite committers to go over the existing PRs and for those
that we plan to review and finalize in the next month or so set the fix
version to 1.21.0 adding an appropriate comment.

In term of priorities, I think we should emphasize on finalizing and
merging PRs that are blocking other open source projects and commercial
products from upgrading to the latest release. If it is not already done
please assign this issues the highest priority (blocker) and set the fix
version to 1.21.0.

Apart from very important issues it makes sense to treat PRs in FIFO order.
Contributors who submit a PR early will certainly get discouraged to
contribute again if we never merge these PRs in time.

Don't hesitate to reply to this thread if the plan above is not convenient
for you!

Best,
Stamatis

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12333950

AW: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.21.0

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Stamatis,

Thank you for the overview.
Currently Julian is working on a Pr of mine which does not exactly fix CALCITE-1935 but at least bring in the first support for MATCH_RECOGNIZE which I would consider at list a partial success.

But as the PR is rather big and the branch lived for two years Julian had to comment whether he thinks he can manage it.

Best
JulianF

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Betreff: Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.21.0
Von: Chunwei Lei
An: dev@calcite.apache.org

Thanks for your work, Stamatis!

Besides issues you mentioned above, I wonder if CALCITE-1581
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1581> can be included in
1.21.0.

Best,
Chunwei

Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.21.0

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
+1 to the proposed schedule.

Thanks for being RM for this release, Stamatis!

Francis

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Stamatis,

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the effort, Stamatis Zampetakis !

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2019年9月2日 +0800 PM8:15,Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>,写道:

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
I'm preparing RC0.

Posted by Vova Vysotskyi <vv...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks Stamatis!

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vova Vysotskyi <vv...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Igor Guzenko <ih...@gmail.com>.
Hello Julian,

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.
Julian, I’m going to merge CALCITE-2302 if you do not have strong objections.

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2019年8月28日 +0800 AM12:58,Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>,写道:

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Igor,

Posted by Igor Guzenko <ih...@gmail.com>.
Hello everyone,

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Regarding 3122. The fix looks good to me, but one test is broken when I merge in the fix to [CALCITE-3138] "RelStructuredTypeFlattener doesn't restructure ROW type fields”.

So, we are holding until I figure with Khai Tran (author of 3122) and Igor Guzenko (author or 3138) out how to combine the two fixes, or if we decide to just disable that test.

Follow the discussion here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3122?focusedCommentId=16916028&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16916028 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3122?focusedCommentId=16916028&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16916028>

Julian

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Sounds good.

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

The release is advancing quite well, yet we have 22 issues marked for
1.21.0 [1].

From those, the following 5 seem to be the most important:

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.