Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/07/11 08:42:20 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Slider Incubating Release 0.40.0 RC0

Hello folks,

This is a call for a vote on Apache Slider 0.40.0 incubating release.
Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this release.

Git source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-slider.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/release-0.40.0-rc0

Staging site:
http://people.apache.org/~smohanty/slider-release-0.40.0-rc0

PGP release keys (signed using 791FDAB0)
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xECFC8276791FDAB0

One can look into the issues fixed in this release at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER/fixforversion/12326825

Note that this is a source only release and we are voting on the source.
(One .tar file, appdef_1.tar, is a text file used for -ve testing)

Build instructions at:
http://slider.incubator.apache.org/developing/building.html

Vote will be open for 72 hours

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from me to start.

thanks
Sumit

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Apache Slider Incubating Release 0.40.0 RC0

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
We should really have -incubating in the version number.  That's why the
snapshot version was 0.31.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.  We should change all the
0.41.0-SNAPSHOTs in the develop branch to 0.41.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.

Some of the sample log4j.properties files don't have the right ASF header.
They have some kind of Apache license header, so that's probably not a
blocker.

The signature and checksums are good and the tarball matches the tag.  I'll
start some testing now, and will vote on the Incubator thread since this
one has completed.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.
Just to expand on my +1 vote, I did all the following -

- successfully downloaded tarball
- verified md5, pgp, sha signatures
- followed the steps in the "Getting Started" guide
http://slider.incubator.apache.org/docs/getting_started.html and
successfully did all the following
  * build slider package
  * ran all tests successfully
  * created HBase application package
  * made config changes as per the guide, created a cluster and
successfully started the HBase application using Slider

-Gour

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1