Posted to users@felix.apache.org by kamil szabo <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/19 15:23:33 UTC

Felix + FelixHttp + Wicket

Hey,

im working on application trying to put these technologies together,
but i'm stuck.

I folowed few mailing lists where someone was told to create custom
WicketApplicationFactory, custom WicketFilter and WicketServlet, and
then register the servlet in HttpService (of felix.http).  After few
standard problems I managed to make a bundle with wicket jars as
classpath and made Wicket work but...

Some form components does not work, like Pallete - seems like no
javascript resources were downloaded from the wicket.extensions.jar,
no exception is thrown, just buttons does not work. Ajax does not work
either. And I can't find a way to adress images, i followed the
documentation on felix.http site but there is just too little
information for me.

Can someone tell me if this can somehow work?
Are there some technological problems that can't make Ajax and some
wocket components work correctly?
And how to address resources? (service.registerResources("/static",
"/etc/www", null); or where should they be)

Or where can i find some more infos on these thema...

Is there someone who made his way through this and can please help me?
I need to make it OSGi way, I would have no problem to deploy it in
app server...

Thx in advance Kamil Szabo

Re: Felix + FelixHttp + Wicket

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Spring bundles are not required except if Wicket will use Spring IoC
As the bundle name mention it : Geronimo Servlet is a specification
implementing the Servlet API defined in J2EE. This one is mandatory

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer