Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tate Austin <Ta...@usi.net> on 2005/01/19 20:24:08 UTC

maven and java:compile

Okay, I am specing out maven for a project and I install it just as the
documentation tells me to, so then when I attempt a very basic
project.xml with a java:compile I get:
    Could not find the class:
org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.antlr.AntlrTagLibrary
    ..it cascades on with a ClassNotFoundException.
    Jarhoo(http://www.jarhoo.com) does not know of
org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.antlr.AntlrTagLibrary
I have searched the repository and sure enough, Maven doesn't have it in
the repository.  I have seen a few forum posts of others asking for a
resolution to this problem, none of them have answers.  So is this just
a known issue and I need to be waiting/finding an alternative or is this
a common problem with a solution I have just not seen?

Re: maven and java:compile

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
This is usually because commons-jelly-tags-antlr is corrupt. It's
unfortunate that it is required for java:compile to run, but that is a
historical problem.

Remove ~/.maven/repository/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-antlr-*.jar
and try again.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: maven and java:compile