Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2002/10/23 09:40:15 UTC

Re: [VFS] gumpifying vfs

On 23 Oct 2002, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'll see whether I can add vfs to the sandbox descriptor that is
> inside Gump's CVS based on Adam's commit.

There is a version in now, but it is not complete (Gump doesn't know
about jcifs).

I tried to get information about jcifs, the "Built by Ant" Logo on
<http://jcifs.samba.org> makes me think it should be gumpable.  But
then <http://cvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/jCIFS/> looks like a bad
place to start with.  Any hints?

Stefan

Re: [VFS] gumpifying vfs

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Adam Murdoch <ad...@apache.org> wrote:

> Apparently, there isn't a (public) cvs repository for jcifs.  Just
> source drops at each release (no build.xml, though).

At least the latest release (0.7.0beta5) contains one.  Still no
source repository in sight.

Stefan

Re: [VFS] gumpifying vfs

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Adam Murdoch <ad...@apache.org> wrote:

> Can gump deal with a dependency that it shouldn't try to build, and
> just use a pre-built jar instead?

It can, but this requires people to install it on all the boxes that
run Gump (I don't have access to all of them myself).

Stefan

RE: [VFS] gumpifying vfs

Posted by Adam Murdoch <ad...@apache.org>.

Adam