Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jai_M <mj...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/10 21:42:00 UTC

exception loop "Persistence Adaptor Task" NPE

I am using 5.2.0 along with spring. I am using PooledConnectionFactory as the
JMS provider

<bean id="springbroker" class="org.apache.activemq.xbean.BrokerFactoryBean"

		<property name="config" value="classpath:conf/activemq.xml" />
		<property name="start" value="true" />
</bean>
<!-- a pooling based JMS provider -->
<bean id="springJmsFactory"
class="org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory"
	destroy-method="stop">
	<constructor-arg index="0"
	type="java.lang.String"
	value="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
</bean>

Sometime when I shutdown tomcat, I get the following exception in an
infinite loop

Exception in thread "Persistence Adaptor Task"
at org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQPersistenceAdapter$1.iterate(AMQPers
istenceAdapter.java:237)
 338763
at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask(PooledTaskRunner.java:122)

I did some search on the forum and one suggestion was to set useShutdownHook
to false.

I do want the shutdown hook to work when tomcat is shutdown abruptly..

What is the best way to fix the above problem.
Will combining destroy-method=stop and useShutdownHook=false fix the problem
?

-Jai