Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by LuisLo <he...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/12 12:28:00 UTC

Two instances with the same datasource name

Hello everyone.

We have a karaf instance with a datasource defined in the file
org.ops4j.datasource-dataDS.cfg
A clone of that instance is made using the command

instance:clone -v -r 2099 -s 8102 -rs 44445 root instance2

In the instances/instance2/etc/org.ops4j.datasource-dataDS.cfg we change the
url of jdbc (not dataSourceName)

When I connect to instance2 and run the command
jdbc:ds-list

We get the message:
There are multiple data source services registered with the same name.
Please review your configuration.

And we can see two datasources with same name.
(It does not occur in the root instance)

Re: Two instances with the same datasource name

Posted by LuisLo <he...@gmail.com>.
Good Morning.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have seen that datasources are shared
between instances. This means that if an org.ops4j.datasource-.cfg file is
created in one instance, the Datasource is available in all the others.