Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Antti Linno <al...@all.ee> on 2000/10/31 10:31:17 UTC

Apache 1.3.12,SuExec,Apache::Registry and CGI problems

Machine configuration:
SuSE Linux 6.4 (i386)
Kernel 2.2.14 (i686)
The Apache WWW Server Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) (SuSE/Linux)
mod_perl/1.21
PHP/4.0b4pl1
mod_ssl/2.6.2
OpenSSL/0.9.5
SuExec option

I tried to use htdig, but was unable to execute binary from virtual
server. Error log contained only a line about headers not sent.
Virtual server configuration contained only line
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /www/www.betoon.ee/cgi-bin/

With this configuration we were unable to run even the simplest cgi.
I thought that problem was in binary, so I changed to cgi search script.
No luck either.
Ok, smart dude(not me) then reconfigured virtual server with:

 Alias /bcgi /www/www.betoon.ee/cgi
        <Directory /www/www.betoon.ee/cgi>
                <IfDefine PERL>
                AddHandler  perl-script .pl
                PerlHandler Apache::Registry
                PerlSendHeader On
                Options +ExecCGI
                </IfDefine>
        </Directory>

        <Directory /www/www.betoon.ee/html>
                PerlRequire /usr/include/apache/modules/perl/startup.perl
                Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Includes MultiViews ExecCGI
                AllowOverride All
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 4
                PerlSetenv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
        </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Ok cgi now seemingly works, but as search results I get the wierdest
answers(those queries that I made ages ago, I hope I didn't put any dirty
words in it for testing :P). My guess is Apache is caching something, but
I have no idea what, or how to prevent it, so the script still works.
Somebody thought it might be Apache::Registry.
 If i tested script in my machine(Apache 1.3.12, modperl 1.21 statically
built, no suexec or ssl, cgi worked in some public_html with htaccess
directives ExecCGI and cgi-script etc.) all worked well and nice, but that
server where it goes, gave me a finger.

If I forgot smthng, remind me
Appriciate , if someone even reads it :P

Antti