Posted to users@maven.apache.org by cyoung <cy...@thetus.com> on 2011/09/20 03:25:21 UTC

[maven-plugin-plugin] Is there a way I can have Ddetail default to true when generating HelpMojo?

I'm getting a hang of the maven-plugin-plugin and there's one thing I can't
figure out how to accomplish.... When I generate a HelpMojo with the
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-plugin-plugin/helpmojo-mojo.html
helpmojo goal , the "detail" parameter is set to 'false' automatically by
helpmojo in the Apache maven-plugin-plugin.jar (in other words, not anywhere
in my code).  I'd very much like that to be 'true' instead (Almost all our
goals have required parameters and our users have requested that these
parameters get automatically listed when they run the 'help' goal).  I
realize the problem is alleviated by just typing

[foo]:help -Ddetail=true

but does anyone know of a way to configure things such that I can set detail
to true by default, such I don't need to specify the -Ddetail parameter?

Thanks!