Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Hes Siemelink <he...@izecom.com> on 2004/09/22 14:17:29 UTC

Wrapper.exe

We're seeing some weird behavior with the Java Service Wrapper.

On our Windows 2000 systems it tries to restart James all the time. We're not sure what's causing this, it could have to do with some time-out mechanism inside the wrapper.

The current version is  2.2.9 and if I replace it by the latest version (3.1.2) it doesn’t seem to do the restarting.

I think it is wise to upgrade in the near future. The wrapper project is about to release 3.1.2, which fixes some time-out bugs in previous versions, so we should wait for that one.

This is the project home page: http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/introduction.html

One final question: who would be responsible for upgrading it in the James CVS?

Cheers,

	Hes.

RE: Wrapper.exe

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Alternatively, we might want to drop the wrapper entirely from our packaging, provide the necessary configuration and references, and refer people directly to Leif (http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/) for the code.

	--- Noel